The Davis Bay Community Hall is centrally located and perfect for meetings, receptions, workshops, and many other activities. It is wheelchair-accessible with a full kitchen (no dishwasher), stage, piano, exercise bar along one wall, two restrooms, and cloakroom. A sound system is not available, but renters may set up their own equipment. The main room measures approximately 20’ x 50’.
5123 Davis Bay Road
(2 blocks up from the Highway, at Laurel Avenue)
Hall occupancy (by order of Sechelt Fire Marshall)
- 75 for dining
- 120 lecture style
- 225 standing
Hall rental fee $15/hour
Rent includes tables, chairs, and limited ‘hospitality’ use of the kitchen. There is an extra charge for full kitchen use. The Association provides basic bathroom and kitchen supplies (toilet paper, soap, towels) and equipment (coffee makers, teapots, limited cutlery, glasses, cups and plates). Rent does not include the use of Whitaker Field except by prior agreement, or the use of playground equipment which belongs to Teddy Bear Day Care.
- Full kitchen use $10/event
- Dinnerware $15/event
- Damage deposit of $200 may be required.
What you should know about renting the Hall
Volunteers operate and maintain the Hall, which allows us to keep rental rates as low as possible. We rely on each renter to respect the property and to leave the Hall in good condition for the next renter.
The renter is responsible for
- Signing a rental agreement
- Paying by cash or cheque in advance unless otherwise agreed
- Securing liquor license as needed
- Compliance with District of Sechelt by-laws regarding noise, etc.
- The conduct of all persons using the hall
- Damage to the hall or its contents
- Leaving the premises secure, clean, and in good condition.
- Removing their garbage (the Hall has no garbage pickup).
For further information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone the Hall at 604-885-2752.
For a map to the hall, please visit the Contact Us page.